Wednesday, April 27, 2022

PAD Challenge Three



Almost caught up, and still not exactly thrilled with the prompts but I’m finding a few inventive ways of dealing with them. Like opting for the form of senryu for day 17, and after a day of staring at a blank screen, using a page of text about organisms to create a black out poem for day 22. I think I’m finally getting the hang of black out though. I highlighted the words I wanted to keep, then it dawned on me that I could also highlight the rest of it, only with black. However, the problem with that is that Word won’t highlight blank lines. So what I did was add random letters to move the black to the end of the line, which is why there are red and blue editing lines in the picture.

16. Write a touch poem

Spring is finally here
and the day is sunny and clear
my neighbor is outside
in her garden, filled with pride
as she should be. I believe
she started it with seeds –
the lilies and the glads
guard the sweet peas growing mad;
there are daisies, asters, mums,
and the crocus, almost done;
impatiens, begonia, phlox,
in a gaily painted box;
the path is pansy lined,
the roses, several kinds
and the tulips, always Dutch –
She has the magic touch.


17. Write a mad poem

this prompt is unclear –
mad can be angry or daft
one word, two meanings

you’d have to be mad
to take up a challenge so
many days behind

mad does not cover
how I feel when driving and
someone cuts me off


20. Write a six words poem: content, double, guide, meet, pump, suit

I wish that I could be content
with how my minutes and hours are spent
or maybe even see them double
and in that way avoid some trouble.
A nonsense poem needs no guide
just copy down the words with pride
and circle round until words meet
to make the poem all nice and neat
and just to give it a little pump
make it rhyme with callithump.
Whatever you like to make it suit –
a nonsense theme is always cute.


22. Write an organism poem

Organism

An entity with life
of one or more cells,
the fundamental biological unit.
Life form; living being; living thing.
Responsible for an organism
are mutations.
Natural selection
may be beneficial to change.
Light energy,
chemical energy,
keep them alive.
Building up includes
breaking down.
Living things
can detect changes:
sight, smell, touch, taste, and hearing –
response is crucial.
Organisms give rise to
a new individual


No comments: