Sunday, November 3, 2019

It’s NaNoing Time! (God Help Us All)



I freely admit I was not as prepared as I would have liked to be on November 1, but then I’m not usually. At least this year I had my idea ahead of time. Not that it’s doing me any good. There’s a lot of research to be done and I’ve already had to adjust the events I want to have happen because they’re just not scientifically possible. However, as research quite often does, it closed one avenue while opening another.

See, the whole elemental series is rooted in a prophecy that was predicted way back in the mists of time. And to make it even more complicated, it connects back to my very first, unedited, badly written, first novel, the idea for which I came up with in high school. And I really need to start writing some of the pertinent information down so I don’t forget any of it because this was not the only prophecy to set things in motion.

Anyway. I was kind of hoping there’d be a center to the universe, but there isn’t. However, I learned that just as planets orbit a sun, galaxies orbit the universe and that might work even better because I need there to be an extreme amount of time passing between the prophecy and the fulfillment of the prophecy.

I still only have a vague notion of said prophecy, and it’s really something I need to share for the reader to understand what’s going on. Unfortunately, it’s going to take me a while to figure out exactly how to word it properly and I don’t have that kind of time. Plus, starting with a prophecy would be kind of boring, I really need to start with some action. There’s only one solution.

*heaves a big sigh*

I’m going to have to start each chapter with a journal entry, like I did in Elemental Fire and Elemental Water. Something I swore I’d never do again.

Goals For The Week:

At least 2 more stories edited for the new anthology
Catch up and stay on track for NaNo.

Don’t forget to check back Thursday for an excerpt!

No comments: