Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy All Hallow’s Eve

As you can see, I did not get my monk story written for today. While the picture intrigues me, I can’t decide whether the monks were good or bad. So I will write the story . . . some day, just not today.

Meanwhile, I couldn’t just leave you hanging so I thought a little poetry might be in order. I wrote this poem a few years ago because I wanted to write something about the Wild Hunt, but I couldn’t come up with an idea for a story.

For those of you who care about these things, this poem is written in the Zejel form.



THE WILD HUNT

The Wild Hunt makes its ride tonight
underneath the pale moonlight
a rare and yet a chilling sight.

First the horn sounds loud and fey
Then the hounds begin to bay
And soon the riders are away
To seek a soul, as is their right.

I hear them as they thunder past
They take their freedom while it lasts
These hunters that are unsurpassed
The huntsmen on their quest this night.

Damned are these souls that come from hell
who, in dishonest battle, fell
and now condemned to ride the dell
in search of one more fallen knight.

Merciless, they seek their prey
or any soul that’s lead astray
They’re focused on the need to slay
to set the ancient wrongs aright.

Beware the Hunter’s moon, my friends
Take heed to what the sight portends
The Wild Hunt rides when it ascends
A rare and yet a chilling sight.

No comments: