Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Chocolate Weather



You’re probably wondering what I mean by chocolate weather, aren’t you? Well, I’ll tell you (as you knew I would).

Chocolate weather is the overcast, depressing weather – sometimes with rain, sometimes with just the promise of rain – that makes you crave chocolate. Chocolate is the only thing that makes life worth living on a day like this.

As you recall, I’m a diabetic, which means the only kind of chocolate I’m supposed to have is dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is okay, I mean it’s better than no chocolate at all and one of the benefits is that it’s so strong tasting you can only eat a little at a time, so no overindulging.

But that’s not the kind of chocolate I crave during chocolate weather. Nope, the only kind of chocolate to combat chocolate weather is milk chocolate. Pure milk chocolate. Lindt or Cadbury or Belgian or Godiva – decadent, creamy, smooth milk chocolate. And if it has hazelnuts in it, that’s okay too.

Unfortunately, even indulging in my chocolate fix wasn’t enough to motivate me into a whole lot of writing. I got the prompt story done (eventually), and a couple of thousand words added to Wandering Wizards, but the word counts weren’t nearly as good as last week.

Keep the faith though, despite the slow pace my characters are moving forward and I figured out a new threat to throw at them that’s also going to solve the problem of how one of them gets kidnapped.

I can’t wait!

Prompts of the Week

Seeing as I waffled so much last week, I decided to just go ahead and get prompts from both The Story Shack and The Plot Generator.

Your random plot points from The Story Shack are:

Word count: 550
Genre: Fantasy
Character: A healer
Material: A steam boat
Sentence: "You don't have to love me."
Bonus: Your character is loved by everyone.

And this week I chose the “Smelly Trolls” option from The Plot Generator to get this:

Your hero –Matthew Parker
The child's age in years - 5
The town where it all takes place – Bogstaple
An evil troll – Maud Speckledtongue
A good troll – Flappy Suzanne Boglewax
Two meals, plural – chips, lasagnes
A type of vegetable, plural – turnips
Something yucky, plural – dustbins
A part of the body, singular – elbow

Feel free to play along, or visit one of the sites to create your own prompt.

No comments: