Monday, September 17, 2018

Here Comes the Sun

Words from sprints:
Magic II -1,644

Untimed words added:
Magic II – 2,077

Total New words:
Magic II – 2,642

Editing:
3:22 hours on Wandering Wizards


Hmm. Except for Saturday when I wrote that big chunk of untimed words for Magic II in one sitting, last week does not appear to be a good writing week.

At first I was going to write it off (pardon the pun) as just one of those weeks. But then I was doing some research about solar flares (for something unrelated to either of my current WIPs I might add) and I learned some interesting facts.



Have you been suffering from lack of sleep, fatigue, low energy, or restlessness lately? Have your ears been ringing making you feel ungrounded or dizzy? Have you been having inexplicable pressure headaches and/or anxiety? Then you, too, might be affected by the fluctuations of the Earth’s magnetic field due to solar flares or solar winds.

Sounds crazy, doesn’t it? Or maybe even a little science fictiony. But earlier in the week I was sitting here one night, alone in the house. It was cool enough that I didn’t have either the fan or the a/c on so it was quiet. The air was just so still outside that it was creeping me right out. It was one of those times when even turning on some music or the T.V. wouldn’t have helped because I’d know the silence was right underneath it all.

Then I remembered the last time I’d felt this way and how afterwards I’d stumbled across the possibility of a solar flare being responsible. Strange, but true.

Now I’m not using the sun as an excuse for my lack of progress last week, but I am going to cite it as a contributing factor.

If you’d like to learn more about solar flares, check out one of these links:

Major Solar Storms Causing Anxiety
How Solar Flares Affect Human Health
How Solar Flares and Geomagnetic Storms Affect Us
Sun's Solar Storms and Human Biological Effects
Three Day Solar Storm Forecast


No comments: