Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Lookee What I Got!

A couple of weeks ago, the lovely Miriam Drori  nominated me for the Leibster Award.



The Liebster Award is an online award presented from one blogger to another. It helps build community, recognition for a blog, and helps readers discover new bloggers and content. And if you’re lucky, you might even gain a few new followers. :-)

Rules of the Liebster Award
• Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog in your post.
• Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
• Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
• Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
• Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
• Create a new list of questions for the nominees to answer.
• List these rules in your post (copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
• Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).

Questions for me to answer:
1. How old is your blog?
This is my third year for this blog
2. What’s your main reason for blogging?
Because it’s fun and I like to share
3. Does your blog have a theme/themes?
This blog is writing themed, so I won’t be talking about a lot of personal stuff unless it pertains to writing (like how life gets in the way of writing sometimes)
4. Do you have a blogging schedule?
I didn’t start out with one, but now I do my Wordage Report on Sundays, which basically sums up my writing/editing for the week, and Fridays I have Fun With Quotes.
5. Which sort of posts gets the most comments/views?
Ones that I remember to post a link to on Facebook and/or Twitter. LOL
6. Which is your personal favourite of all your blog posts?
I think my post on Working From Home is probably my favourite so far.
7. Do you write many guest posts? Why?
Nope. Never been asked to. :-D
8. Do you host many guests on your blog? Why?
Not so far. The timing just isn’t right yet. But it’s not outside the realm of possibility for the future.
9. Have you/would you post self-made videos on your blog? Why?
Oh hell no! *shudder* That’s just too far out of my comfort zone.
10. What was your greatest blogging failure and what did you learn from that?
I’m not sure if this is a blogging failure or too much of a success, but I had a blog at one time where every Friday I would talk a bit about the books I’d read that week. More my opinion than a review, but the next thing I know I’m getting spammed up the wazoo by people wanting me to review their books. I haven’t posted to that blog in years, but I still get emails.
11. What about your proudest blogging achievement?
Hahaha. Completing the A to Z challenge.

Eleven Facts About Me:
1. I enjoy editing for other people more than for myself.
2. I used to read Tarot cards for friends and have always wanted to design my own deck.
3. One of my favourite memories from my childhood was going fishing with my father. I loved to fish, although I haven’t been in years.
4. I enjoy both knitting and crocheting equally.
5. I found my first grey hair when I was 19. It may, or may not, be just a co-incidence that that was the same year I got married. ;-)
6. I have battled depression my whole life.
7. I do not like sports. Not one little bit. Not even hockey (but please don’t tell anyone, that might be enough to get me thrown out of Canada LOL).
8. I love to cook and bake, but hate to clean up my mess afterwards.
9. I have over 1600 unread books on my Kindle and a bookcase full of unread books in my home office and I still keep buying books!
10. When I was in high school, I wanted to be either an artist or a photographer.
11. My favourite comfort food is creamed tuna on toast.

Questions for Nominated Bloggers:
1. What’s your favourite television show?
2. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
3. What are your hobbies?
4. Who is/are your favourite author(s)?
5. If you could live in another time/place, when/where would it be?
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
7. If you could bring only three things with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
8. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where’s the first place you would go?
9. If you won the lottery, what’s the first thing you would do?
10. Do you believe in astrology?
11. What’s your favourite kind of music?

For my nominees I chose blogs I found through the A to Z Challenge:
Rosa Temple Writes 
Writing In Wonderland
Kavis Take
Writing Off The Edge
Parsley, Sage, and Rosemary Time 

There’s no obligation at all, but I hope you give it a try. Who knows, you might make some new friends. And if anyone else wants to join in, please feel free to do so! Just leave me a comment with a link so I can read your answers. :-)

Thank you, Miriam, for including me in this. It was a lot of fun and I hope the people I nominated have fun with this too!

3 comments:

shortybear said...

congrats

Miriam Drori said...

Thank you for doing this, Carol. It's a great post... apart from the bit about tuna ;)

Kavita R said...

Thanks and here is the link:

http://kavisthoughts.blogspot.in/2016/06/an-award.html