Sunday, May 8, 2016

Cha-cha-cha-changes ...

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--"

~Lewis Carroll

Time to fish or cut bait. Pee or get off the pot. Put up or shut up. In other words, I’ve rested on my laurels long enough. Time to get busy and make good on some of those promises I made last week about blogging more often. If I wait much longer I can see myself sliding right back into my old bad habits of ... not posting.

First up, you’ll notice some cosmetic changes. I’ve taken down the A to Z Challenge banner along the top, and although I’ve changed the badge on the right to the survivor one I’ve kept a link to the linky list in case anyone still want to check out the other blogs.

After much consideration, I’ve left my manifesto, although I’ve modified it slightly. Whereas before I stated I wouldn’t be sticking to a schedule, now I find I’m more productive with goals and schedules. Go figure. So the goal here is to post a minimum of twice a week. Once on Sundays, which will be a general update of my writing/editing progress, and again on Fridays where I’ll be having a bit of fun with quotes. No, I’m not going to explain any further than that about it. You’ll just have to come back on Friday to see what I’m talking about yourself. :-)

My Sunday update will have a wordage report broken down into blog posts, new ideas (if any), and new words on my WIPs. I’m also an editor so I’ll be including an editing report. One of the hardest things about this will be getting into the habit of keeping track of my words. I did this, many years ago, and I even remember (vaguely) doing a nice little report on a different blog. But it’s been so long ago I’ve gotten out of the habit.

I had developed some really good habits - diet and exercise, writing every day ... But then last year life suddenly got complicated. I started falling so far behind in everything that eventually I just gave up. My focus this year has been getting back on track and it’s been a lot harder than I expected. But I’m getting there. One of these days I may even know what I’m doing. ;-)