Friday, June 17, 2022

Post Delay

I was all set to offer up the first instalment of a new serial story today, only a funny thing happened on the way to getting that post written . . .

Okay, so it’s not so funny. I had it three quarters of the way finished yesterday, but then I had to step away from the computer. My new computer mind you, not the one I’m dashing this off on.

I was longer than I expected so of course it went into sleep mode. Then I just let it be while I went on to do a few more things so it was a couple of hours before I was able to get back to it. I should have suspected something was up because the keyboard was still lit up.

Usually the screen will go dark first, but the keyboard will stay lit up and you just have to jiggle the mouse to get the screen back again. Sometimes you have to sign in again, sometimes you don’t. It depends on how long it’s been dark. After a certain amount of time though the keyboard will go dark too, which means you have to press the start button.

Because the keyboard was still lit up, I tried jiggling the mouse, but nothing happened. I pressed the start button, nothing happened. Not even the snarky message to try another finger. So then I did a hard shut down, waited a few minutes, then started it up again. The keyboard’s lit up, but nothing else. *sigh*

This happened once before, only the fan had been running fast and I just had to do a hard shut down and let it cool off before it would work again. This time the fan’s not running, but I’m hoping that if I do a hard shut down and let it sit for a couple of hours it’ll work again.

Meanwhile, all my notes and partially written post are stuck in cyber space. I just hope it automatically saved my document and the newly written notes on it too.

So . . . the post might be up later, or it might be up tomorrow. We’ll see how cooperative the Lenovo is going to be.

I really have to start using my USB keys to write from.

*sigh*

No comments: