Monday, February 14, 2022

Done!



Finishing something will give you satisfaction. Finishing something important to you will give you meaning. A meaningful life is a good life.
— Maxime Lagace

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best.
— Theodore Isaac Rubin

To find a form that accommodates the mess, that is the task of the artist now.
— Samuel Beckett

Apparently, having a new chair was all the impetus I needed to get that final push on to finish my office. My office is finally cleaned and organized. Woot! I guess there was just something about that brand new chair behind that messy desk, sitting on a floor covered in paper shreds and junk.

So, just to jog your memory, here’s what my desk looked like before:



And here’s what it looks like now:



I thinned out the keepsakes on the back of the desk, and dealt with all the papers, etc. on the desk. There’s only one of the cloth baskets on top of the printer, but once I get it emptied again it should look a little neater.

And here’s the view from the other side of the desk before:



And here’s what it looks like now:



Quite the difference, eh? You can actually see the floor now. LOL

And finally, we have my reading area before:



And after:



So much more appealing!

I’d like to say now that my office is livable again I’ve been going to town on the writing, but that would be a lie. While I have been spending more time in there, I haven’t been doing a lot of writing, at least not the creative kind. I’ve been doing letters and emails and catching up on my journals, and a lot of puttering around.

I’ve been fighting off a bug that’s making me super tired and head-achy, which makes it really hard to focus.

Hopefully, this week I’ll do better.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Wordage Report

Once again I did more crocheting and reading than writing, but like I said above, I’ve been tired and head-achy. I don’t know if it’s the weather, a bad sinus cold, or heck, maybe it’s COVID. But whatever it is, I’m getting tired of it.

I got Monday’s post done, but nothing on Wednesday so far. I’ve had a couple of ideas, but nothing I want to commit myself to yet.

I had an epiphany regarding a series I started many years ago and then kind of got stuck and abandoned. It’s science fiction romance and bodes to span multiple volumes. In fact, my elemental series is an offshoot from it, as is one of my NaNo novels. So at least my mind is headed in the right direction.

NEW WORDS:
Blog Posts – 1043+492+962=2,497

Three minute words – 121+140+131+137+109+114+117=869
Total words: 2,497 words

EDITING:
*sigh*

Once again the only editing I did was the story for Friday’s post. I have been thinking about Elemental Spirit though, as in considering ways to start it and who the main focus is going to be.

WHAT I’M READING:
I finished Shelter in Place, by Nora Roberts, and then picked up Growl (Feral Passions #1), by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, and A.C. Arthur. I love me some alpha shifters! Then I read the Liar, also by Nora Roberts.

On the Kindle I finished The Dragon Prince of Alaska by Elva Birch and started Wings of Stone, by J.D. Monroe, which is also about dragon shifters.

GOALS
Last Week’s Results:
Well, I think the three-minute-words are a given, considering I’m serializing them on my blog. And for crafting I started a new afghan. And that’s pretty much it, but the upside of the crocheting is that it keeps me from wasting my time gaming.

New Ones For the Week Ahead:
The whole “hour a day” thing I mentioned at the beginning of the year sounded good in theory, but it’s just not happening. Instead, I’m going to create Marketing Mondays, where I spend part of the day, probably the afternoon, investigating markets and/or submitting my work.

And I admitted to my best bud Jamie the number of electronic devices I have that are just sitting around collecting dust, and she advised me to suck it up and learn how to use them. LOL Realizing she has a point, I’m also going to initiate Techno Tuesdays, where I learn a new skill or how something works. Last week it was Zoom – I met online with my stitchery group and not only was it easier than I expected, it was kind of fun.

1. Crochet in moderation.
2. Expand Christmas story
3. Come up with a Wednesday post
4. Start the edits/rewrites on Elemental Spirit

Wish me luck.

No comments: