Sunday, March 8, 2020

Time and Again



Once again I got suckered into believing that the powers that be were seriously considering doing away with the time change. And once again I was seriously disappointed. What is wrong with this people? Do they get some sort of sadistic charge out the turmoil the twice-yearly time change causes?

I swear by all that’s holy in the next Federal election I will vote, nay, I will even go so far as to campaign for, the candidate that swears to abolish the time change.

I hate it so much that this year I even wrote a poem about it. A parody, as it were:

Time Change

How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.
I hate thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when slumber is out of sight,
For the days are long and nights a disgrace.
I hate thee to the level of every day’s
Exhausted need, of resting eyesight.
I hate thee freely, without hindsight.
I hate thee purely, as Morpheus withholds his praise.
I hate thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith.
I hate thee with a hate I never seem to lose
From year to year. I hate thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but hate thee even after death.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Wordage Report

Wandering Wizards – 1500+ words
I can’t really say for sure because I didn’t keep track but I know it was at least that much. It occurred to me that the wizards in the south shouldn’t just sit there twiddling their thumbs, so I figured I needed to get them working for their part. Apparently, Thackery has a plan, but Paranithel has . . . Tarot cards. LOL

Weekly Prompt – 0 words
To be honest I might have glanced a couple of times at last week’s prompt, but I didn’t really give it much thought. I think I’ll scrap it and give us a new one.

New Prompt
Use this as your first line:
Once upon a time, a construction worker forgot the meaning of evil.

Happy Writing!

No comments: