Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Happy New Year!



In case you haven’t figured it out, the holidays kind of got away from me this year. Normally this is where I’d do a recap on last year’s goals and share the goals for the year ahead, but I haven’t even given them a thought. This has become the holiday that never ends and I haven’t had time for anything except that.

Having the holidays smack in the middle of the week threw me right off and I feel like I spent a lot of my time scrambling to catch up. Of course I think a lot of that could have been poor planning on my part. I just couldn’t seem to get my head in the game.

The Christmas spirit seemed to be missing this year, at least as far as I was concerned. I got the tree up and decorated, the shopping was actually done ahead of time, although the cookies didn’t get baked until Christmas Eve, but I’m not even sure snow could have made a difference (we’re on day 12 of an above freezing but grey and dismal streak).

I guess part of it was everything was rush, rush, rush this year. I never seemed to be able to relax. There was always something to cook or clean or organize, but I have to admit a lot of it was pressure I was putting on myself.

If I’m honest, what really put me behind was the anthology – again, pressure I was putting on myself. I should have just let it go for another year, but I was like a dog with a bone.

I have holiday obligations right through the weekend, but I promise on Sunday I’ll do a combo post of the old year in review and the goals for the year ahead.

Happy New Year

No comments: