Sunday, December 15, 2019

Taking a Break



Whelp, the anthology came back from the printer and it was not what I asked for and it was a LOT more money than I thought it would be. If I do this next year, and I probably will (depending on how well it goes over this year) I will leave myself enough time to do up a chapbook of my own needing only the folding and trimming service offered by the print shop.

I hope my anthology debacle has not discouraged anyone else out there who might be thinking of doing the same. A lot of my problems stemmed from lack of planning and shortness of time, and from wanting to do everything myself.

Now that that’s over I should be able to get back to my regular writing life right? Wrong. Christmas is just 10 days away. I think we’ve pretty much finished the shopping, and I’ve got one of my out of town parcels in the mail. The tree is in place acclimatizing to the indoor temperature but there are no decorations on it as yet. And I haven’t even started the baking.

So. . . normally I take the week between Christmas and New Year’s off from blogging, this year I’m giving myself a break and starting early. Which means I’m not going to do a proper post here again until next year.

But if you like Christmas music, check back once in a while because I won’t be able to resist posting a few of my favourite Christmas songs.

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a happy holiday and a great beginning to a brand new year!

No comments: