Sunday, December 8, 2019

Busy as a Bee



This is going to be another one of those good news/bad news posts. The good news is that it’s been a week since NaNo ended and I’m still spending a lot of my daytime hours in my office, the bad news is that I don’t feel like I’m getting a whole lot accomplished.

I’ve been struggling a lot with the anthology and I have to say it’s been kicking my butt. A couple of the stories had to be re-typed (because they pre-dated me owning a computer), and many of the others have formatting issues. Specifically, they have straight quotation marks instead of curly marks.

Now, I had to deal with this once before and it was a fairly easy fix. But I don’t know if it’s because my version Word is so out of date or if it’s a Windows 10 thing, but I cannot get them change in bulk. I Googled a couple of different ways – neither of them worked. I even tried to use find/replace using the character map for my curly quotes. It didn’t work either.

This means I have to replace them one by one – including the apostrophes. Do you know how time consuming that is? With some of the shorter stories it’s almost quicker if I just retype the darn things.

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking down. I need to get this anthology done like yesterday for the ones that need to be mailed. I have 10 stories finalized, but four of the stories are long, older ones which got me to thinking I should only use old stories and make it a chap book, maybe throw in a few poems just to make it interesting.

It doesn’t help that I keep waffling on the format as well. Chapbook, spiral bound, perfect binding – I guess it will all depend on how long it is.

Goal For the Week

GET THE ANTHOLOGY DONE ALREADY!

This will be me this week:


No comments: