Sunday, April 24, 2016

Home Stretch

So how's everyone doing? Still keeping up with the posting?

I'm just over the halfway point in the linky list. I'm still seeing a few blogs where the person apparently forgot they've signed up for the challenge, and there are a few of you who've fallen behind, but not as many as I would have expected.

I remember the first year I did this I started falling behind on the first week, then I caught up on the weekend, only to fall behind again. So I'm kinda proud of the fact that although I'm still behind on the blog visits, I'm up to date on the posting.

I've seen some really interesting blogs so far. Some have incredible photos, some have amazing stories, some have fascinating information. And let's not forget the foodie blogs with their delicious recipes. Of course there are also a few that were totally confusing and a couple that had nothing to do with A to Z.

But I have to say, overall I'm really impressed with the number of quality blogs out there. I've been trying to leave at least a token comment on other blogs, and the really good ones I've bookmarked to return to at my leisure. Wordpress is still giving me problems when it comes to commenting and I still have no idea why. It seems to only happen on the blogs I really, really want to leave a comment on, which is really frustrating.

My goal today is to visit the blogs of the wonderful people who've left comments here. You guys are awesome!

For those of you who visited yesterday, here are the answers to my little titles quiz:
1. First Impressions became:
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austin
2. The Kingdom by the Sea became:
Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
3. Tomorrow is Another Day became:
Gone With the Wind, by Margaret Mitchell
4. Jaws of Death became:
Jaws, by Peter Benchley
5. Trimalchio on West Egg became:
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. Strangers from Within became:
Lord of the Flies, by William Golding
7. At This Point In Time became:
All the President’s Men, by Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward
8. Cancer became:
Dreamcatcher, by Stephen King
9. Something That Happened became:
Of Mice and Men, by John Steinbeck
10. All’s Well That Ends Well became:
War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy

I wish everyone who's participating the best of luck - we've got some hard letters coming up. But just six more letters to go and then we can rest on our laurels. :-D

6 comments:

Sarah Allan said...

I did it entry-by-entry the first year I did it, and quickly learned that it's exhausting to do it that way. Ever since, I've written each one ahead of time, either all before the challenge starts or at least all by week #2, and it's worked out well. Makes for plenty of time checking out other blogs, too instead of panicking about writing your own. :-P

Alison Green Myers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison Green Myers said...

I came back to check out the answers to yesterday's quiz. I did not have a proficient score! Good luck in the remaining days! Alison, of InkSistersWrite.blogspot

Jo said...

Carol, thanks for dropping by my blog today. You left a link but in fact it doesn't work. Just wanted to let you know.

Haven't read your blog, just off to bed.

JO ON FOOD, LIFE AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

Samantha Bryant said...

Thanks for coming by and visiting my blog! After my first year doing AtoZ (this is my third), I figured out that I was going to need to write the posts ahead of time, and spend the time on visiting other blogs each day. It's still got that marathon-feel, but it feels more do-able this way.

@mirymom1 from
Balancing Act

zannierose-A-Z hopper said...

I was surprised to see my initial place on the lsit - around 1000 had changed to around 750, still a lot of us keeping up though