Sunday, April 11, 2021

Bucket List



Do you have a bucket list?

This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. Personally, I’ve never taken the time to make one, but I’ve thought about it from time to time, especially as I get older. So naturally I thought it would be interesting to do a little research about it and here’s what I found out:

Bucket lists have not been around as long as I thought. The name comes from an amalgamation of “kicking the bucket” (dying) and list, and sources pretty much agree the term was first coined in the 2007 movie of the same name. Basically, it’s a list of things you want to do before you die.

That being said, here are a few sites with suggestions to help you get started on your own bucket list:

You can find 100 ideas for your list at Life Listed

For 150 bucket list ideas that are neatly organized into categories, try Bestow

For 500+ ideas try Develop Good Habits

For 1000+ Adventure Bucket List ideas, try Bucket List Journey

And we have 10,000+ ideas from Daring to Live Fully

I wish this had been around when I was younger because I would totally have made a list and then tried to knock one item off per year.

My own take on the bucket list is first of all, don’t wait too long to start because you never know what’s around the corner. And make the list obtainable. If you’re 60 years old, it’s probably a little unrealistic to put “become an astronaut” on your list.

My final piece of advice is, have fun with it. That’s what it’s all about after all.

* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Wordage Report

New Words:

Driving Into Forever – 392
Blog Posts – 969+0+0+1312=2,281
Total = 2,673

Unless I do better on the new words on Driving Into Forever, I might have to go back to the Wednesday posts, just to get my wordage up

Editing:

I managed to get a whopping 11 ½ hours of editing time under my belt last week.

What I’m Reading:

Still on my Nora Roberts kick with the tree books. This time it was Carnal Innocence and Blue Smoke, both romantic suspense.

I kind of did extra e-reading last week, and finished Lance and Judge from the Barely After Dark series by Elle Thorne. Then I dove head first into the Pack Wars series by Vella Day - Training Their Mate, Claiming Their Mate, and Rescuing Their Virgin Mate. I’m pretty sure I’ve read the first one before, but the second and third one were definitely new to me.

Goals

Well, it had to happen sooner or later, I finished the first round of edits on Blood Ties. Feel free to throw confetti. :-D

I didn’t get it down to 100,000 words like I hoped, but it is what it is. And now I’m going to let it sit for a week or two while I focus on other things, and then I’ll read it through before starting round two. Unless, of course, I don’t find anything major to fix, in which case I’ll print it out for the final going over.

I might have made better progress on the story version of Driving Into Forever if I hadn’t been so focused on finishing the edits on Blood Ties. Hopefully I’ll do better this week.

I kind of missed doing the Wednesday blog post, especially as I skipped the Monday one on my other blog. Maybe I’ll re-think giving non-fiction a rest. Or maybe I’ll come up with a different idea for Wednesdays.

So obviously the “easing back on the reading” thing didn’t work last week. Especially on the e-reader. Those boxed sets get me every time.

This Week’s Goals

1. Finish the bare bones story version of Driving Into Forever.
2. Figure out what I’m going to do on Wednesdays and then … do it.
3. Try to ease back on the reading a bit, maybe try a little more crocheting.

Here’s to a new week ahead.

No comments: