Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Toes Like Peppa Pig



We finally got some weather that was warm enough to start wearing sandals and I said to my granddaughter that I’d have to paint my toenails. She suggested I paint them red. Seeing as I like bright colours, I thought this was as good a colour as any. I found a nice, dark shade and dutifully painted my toenails red. When I showed them to her, she was thrilled.

“You have toes just like Peppa Pig,” she told me.

Um, yeah. Thanks kid.

So what does this have to do with writing? Nothing really, I just thought it was a cute story. And it helps illustrate why I haven’t been getting much writing done lately. The grandbaby is starting to transition out of naps which means a little less time to write and a lot less energy when I do have the time. LOL

Not only did I fail to come up with anything for my prompts, which meant there was little point doing a post on Saturday, I got no writing done on anything else. I even missed yesterday’s post on the other blog.

Unfortunately, the week ahead doesn’t look any more promising. I did manage to get a poem written yesterday, but it’s not the one I need for the poetry group meeting tonight. I was supposed to write an ekphrasic poem, which is not my favourite form.

For those who are curious, an ekphrasic poem is one that describes or praises another work of art, such as Ode to a Grecian Urn by John Keats.

If I’m able to cobble one together, I’ll post it on Saturday. But don’t hold your breath. I’ve been struggling with this stupid poem for weeks now.

I’m not going to bother with the prompts this week. I’m pretty sure I won’t have the time to work on them anyway. If I have time to write I think that time would be better spent on Wandering Wizards or Shattered.

I don’t want to discontinue the prompts altogether, but the random words aren’t really working for me and the archetype cards are kind of time consuming. Of course that could just be me. Maybe I’m overthinking them – when we did them in the writing group we did a 15 minute timed writing and made it work.

The good news is, I finally got around to pulling all the files off my old lap top so I could clear it off my desk, and my office is cleaned up enough that I can use it. It’s not perfect, mind you, but it’s usable.

Guess I’ve no more excuses, eh?

Time to write!

No comments: