Saturday, March 30, 2019

Villainy!



So . . . last week was super busy for me, and quite honestly the prompts were the last thing on my mind. But I did, however, get a piece written for the villain challenge from a couple of weeks ago.

Surprisingly enough, my villain chose to speak for himself. Probably because if I had done it I would have tried to garner some sympathy for him – poor, misunderstood islander seduced by the dark side. But apparently Anakaron, my evil wizard from the Moonstone Chronicles, was having none of that. He’s bad, and makes no bones about it.

Anakaron Speaks:

I come from an island in the Mythric Ocean, so small it does not even have a name. My people were savage, but not savages; powerful and superstitious. I was born under a blood moon – it was known from the beginning I would be a blood mage. My mother was my first victim.

The lesson I learned while bathing in her blood is that only one thing in life matters – power. Those fools at the academy never suspected what they welcomed into their midst. My plan had been to rise in rank and rule them all, the city of fools, and I would have succeeded if not for HIM.

HIM, who had more power bubbling under his skin than he knew what to do with, while mine was hard won. HIM, whose path of veracity was sickening to me. HIM, who claimed to be my friend while scorning the dark paths.

He took everything from me. He basked in the admiration of the other students, not that I cared for their insipid company. He won the esteem of the instructors and the Wizard Council, who were never quite as impressed with my cunning and ability. And he captured the heart of the only woman I have ever loved. I will not rest until he is destroyed.

You say he did none of these things deliberately? Well consider this. I. Don’t. Care.

No comments: