Monday, April 2, 2018

One Quarter Down, Three to Go

While I did better writing-wise last week than the week before, it wasn’t great and all the extra time I had on the weekend was kind of wasted.

Last week I got my Steampunk story finished and posted, and then Friday I got two really short pieces from Inspiration From Improv posted. And then I procrastinated by futzing around with the settings on a blog a friend and I are starting up for a photography challenge. *sigh*



This being the end of the first quarter of the new year, I figured it might be a good time to revisit my goals for the year. If nothing else, it’ll remind me that I have goals that I should be working towards. So here we go:

Write every day, at least 500 words Well that’s a big fat fail, isn’t it? Even if you count blog posts I haven’t been writing 500 words a day.

Less time gaming and checking social media I was actually doing pretty good on this early in the year, but I confess to sliding back into my old habits. I don’t know where I started on games like Bubble Mouse, but I’m up to 76 golden keys (you have to work through 100 levels to get a key) - I have this vague notion of stopping that game when I reach 100 keys.

Shut down by 11 p.m., 12 at the latest I think the idea here was to spend that time before bed reading, working on crafts, or catching up on my journal, but by the time 11 or 12 rolls around I’m too tired to focus on much of anything besides the mindless games I play on my lap top.

Spend more time doing crafts I had good intentions here, really I did. I started a long vest to help combat the cold in my new office, but I put my knitting bag away one day while cleaning and it’s been in the craft closet ever since.

Make better use of my Neo Poor Neo, so sad and neglected. I don’t know what’s going on here, I love my Neo and I type so much faster on it. I did finally replace the batteries in it a couple of weeks ago - second time in four years.

Organize my poetry This was supposed to be a project to keep me away from the games when I wasn’t working on a story. But do you know how much poetry I have? I’ve explored over a hundred different forms, with many poems in between. I have a lot of poetry. I need to win the lottery so I can pay someone else to organize it for me. :-D

Journal more often I’m thinking by journal I meant my writing journal, my personal journal I seem to be pretty good at keeping up with. I think part of the problem with my writing journal is that I never really know what to write in it. I see examples of other people’s writing journals and they look so...creative. Mine seems pretty lame in comparison. Maybe I should do some research on how to keep a writing journal. Oh look, a new way to procrastinate! LOL

I really don’t want to get to the end of the year and look back to see that nothing’s changed, so I guess that means I need to get to work, eh? Time to put on the big girl writer panties and get to work!

No comments: