Saturday, March 14, 2015

Happy Pi Day!

Bless me readers for I have sinned. It's been many weeks since my last update . . .

If it's any consolation, I haven't been updating my regular journal either. After NaNo was finished I caught a series case of the winter blahs, and while I was able to get some writing done, I didn't have the energy left for anything else.

But here's the weird thing. Last weekend was the time change and I don't know if it's because I've gone back to drinking coffee in the afternoon or what, but it's like somebody turned a switch or something, I've suddenly starting to get things done.

Since we last spoke I have finished the draft of Lucky Dog, finished the draft for An Elemental Earth (which is still being serialized on my main blog), and finally finished Guardian of the Sea (my NaNo novel). As well, I've done some editing on a couple of books for other people, and written a 25 page (roughly 10,000 words) Valentine's Day story that was not finished in time for Valentine's day.

Now I have to buckle down and get to work on those second drafts. *sigh*

I think I have seconddraftitis. How else would you explain my avoidance of Lucky Dog, which was finished before NaNno started? I'm sure it has nothing to do with its length (over 100k), or the plot holes from it being a NaNo book originally so when I'd get stuck I'd just skip ahead, or the fact I got really, really wordy towards the end so there's a lot to be cut out. :-D

So the next couple of weeks will be all about the re-writing and editing, I think. These books aren't doing anyone any good just sitting on my hard drive, especially me.

Here's where the real work starts.

No comments: